Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

XD-11 shutter problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » XD-11 shutter problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My xd-11 shutter only fires on B and O with release button but not on any of the timed settings. The timed settings will fire with the self timer though, but seem to be all the same length no matter if set at 1 or 1000 Also nothing in the viewfinder works as far as meter etc. I have installed new batteries. Any help is appreiciated. thanks

Aaron

Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 01:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That may be caused by the released magnet being stuck. To clean the magnet first remove the base plate (2 screws) then the tripod socket (3 screws). Now you can see a small lever parallel to the back of the camera through this hole. The magnet gap can be widened by moving this lever to the back of the camera. Use a card paper soaked with alcohol or lighter fluid to clean the gap. Carefully do it a few times and see if it solves the problem.

Aaron

Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One more point, make sure the electrical contacts in the battery chamber and the battery cover are good and shiny. Install the batteries correctly, i.e. the base plate should be negative.

Chris

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After removing the base plate i noticed a red wire broke loose on one end. After studying it for a bit i figured it must go to the battery holder and i was right. I carefully soldered it and put it back together and the camera works. Another thing i noticed is the LEDs in the viewfinder seem to stay lit all the time even though they seem dim. They are bright when you press shutter release. I know this will kill my battery rather quickly so i have to remove it. If anybody knows why and any suggestions i would greatly appreitiate it. Everything seems to work right with the camera other than that. thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration