Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AE-1 aperture does not close Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon AE-1 aperture does not close « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I've just bought an Canon AE-1 and discovered that the aperture does not always close. Sometimes it is stuck and leaves a wide open gap giving the wrong exposure. This happens for all my 5 diffrent lenses and all of them work on another AE-1 that I've tried. I have noted that if I wind the film forward and moves the pin to the right (facing into the camera) a little bit down, then the aperture will close as it should once, until I wind the film again.

Any ideas?

Very greatful
JON

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 05:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jon,

Will your mailbox accept a file of 15MB? I will send you the AE-1 repair manual to show you what you are up against.I have tried to send this file via email before and sometimes it will not download due to size.If file size a problem,contact me with your address and I will send you the manual on disc.

Glenn.

Ben

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 07:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought my lens was broken when I discovered that same thing. Its how the camera is supposed to work, It doesnt stop all the way down (i think it stays at the last used apperature or more open) UNTIL you wind up for the next shot.

It shouldn't affect your pictures at all. If your taking pictures using the correct exposures and then they turn out bad, then youl have something to worry about, but I doubt this will happen.

Its just the way the camera works for some reason. You do not need to repair the camera or anything...

Oh wait, maybe I Should have told you its broken and you could sell it to me for 10 dollars. :)
*Since mine IS broken*

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration