Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica TL-Super Mirror Lock up Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica TL-Super Mirror Lock up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christian

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Yashica TL-Super on eBay for $21 and some change. It just arrived yesterday and I've been playing with it since then, it has some problems. I was able to get some information from a fellow who posts on here (thanks Jon), as well as someone at pacificrimcamera.com, I'm still waiting on a response from him.

The mirror was hung-up, I wasn't really sure what the problem was. I got to a point where there shutter was tensioned, but the shutter-release was pressing as though the shutter wasn't cocked, and I discovered all these problems arise from the arm that allows the mirror to pop down or keeps it in the up position. If the arm isn't fully up, the shutter wont fire, I was able to push it up and somehow its in the down position. I don't know what controls this arm, something in the area of the self-timer I think, but I wouldn't know how to get at this area.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a TL-Super service manual, or had any other suggestions, perhaps similar experiences. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration