Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 for Contax - ap... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 for Contax - aperture issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Oleksandr

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

can anyone help me with advice on the following issue with said lens. The aperture of the lens becomes asymmetrical when being closed down; aperture blades move to the center of the lens in different way. Is this something that can be fixed in a relatively simple way ? If yes, how ?

Thanks a lot in advance !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

GanjaTron

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 05:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Olek,

if the Zeiss lens for Contax are anything like those for the Rollei SL35 series, I'd stay out of them. I tried (and failed) to open mine due to a sticky aperture. These lens are tricky designs and you can easily wreck 'em. I have the very same Distagon (28/2.8) for my Rollei and I simply couldn't figure out how to open it. I finally gave up and brought it to the repair shop.

The 28/2.8 is a superb (and rare) lens, it would be a shame to botch it. Unless you love challenges, I'd advise you to leave this to the pros.

Regards,

--GanjaTron

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration