Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet Junior Front plates Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canonet Junior Front plates « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Reynold Harrs

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to dismantle a Canonet Junior in order to reach the selenium battery. I managed to get the top and bottom covers off. I believe the next stage is to remove the left and right leather [?] plates, but they seem to be part of the body. How do I get them off? Also how do I remove the cable connection? I am a rank beginner. I do have the Canonet manuals [excluding Canonet Junior] from 1961/2 to 1972, so I am trying to base my actions on them. They all assume more than I know.

charlie

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You would probably get to the selenium cell in a manner similar to the way you would access the CdS cell in later Canonets. May not be worth doing if you don't have a source for a replacement photocell.

Reynold

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What does the selenium cell for the Canonet [Jnr] look like? I've removed the outermost ring, followed by the glass and its ring, and I'm now down to a brown disc to which a wire is soldered. It looks like an aluminum disc -- just a plain disc. Behind it is the black casing to which is screwed the lens. Have I reached the battery or is it behind the black casing? Do I have to remove the lens? My Canonet manual is for all canonets except the Junior, and I can't find a diagram that matches what I have.

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No battery fitted. The brown disc is the selenium cell.

Reynold

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The selenium cell now dangles fromn its wires behind which is a black plate that holds the lens. Behind this are the various rings. How do I now remove the black plate? I bought the two Tomosy books, and they don't help! I would happily send a jpeg of the front plate if that would help explain my predicament.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration