Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon ftb Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon ftb « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My canon ftb suddenly won't advance the film. upon opening the back, it appears that the "black curtain" is caught on something. Can anyone repair this? How do I fix it? HELP!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which of the following fits your failure;

a,You released shutter normally and the blinds have 'jammed' on recocking the shutter.

b,You released shutter and it only partially completed its travel.Thus wind on is still blocked.

I know that b is difficult to diagnose,but did shutter make a different noise.Are both shutter blinds showing or is there just one visible?

If it is the trailing blind that is 'caught' and not completed the actual exposure travel,sometimes you can gently ease it using a finger in the mirror box and another through the camera back.Just gently ease it towards the rewind knob.Do not force.

Please give more details of how the FTb failed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration