Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to remove a T-mount from a Vivita... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » How to remove a T-mount from a Vivitar lens? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Larry Jenkins

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Vivitar Series One 28-105 lens with a Canon FD T-mount adapter. Can anyone explain how to remove the T-mount adapter? The aperature is stuck wide open and I need to get past the T-mount adapter to try and repair the stuck open aperature.

rick oleson

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never heard of a Vivitar Series One zoom lens that took a T mount adapter.

Among other things, T mount adapters have no aperture linkage......

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick,

Where does the T-4 and the TX mount come into the picture? Just checked your reference page re mounts.Is it one of these Larry is wanting to remove? Only used the Tamron Adaptall system and removal is pretty logical here.

Glenn

rick oleson

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vivitar did use T4, and I think TX, but I don't think they were on any Series One lenses. Vivitar also made T mount lenses in the earlier days.

The T4 and Tx are a sort of bayonet arrangement, not too different from an Adaptall mount; a T mount just unscrews, since there are no linkages in it.

I'm not sure if they were still making T4/TX lenses at the time of the Series Ones. I think all of the Series One lenses were fixed mount, though, and removing the mount would amount to a disassembly of the lens.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick,

So I assume this zoom has a normal breech lockring.All I can say is that I have stripped a Vivitar 20mm/f3.8 and the mount came off almost like genuine Canon article, if I remember right.

Remove breech ring stopscrew and unscrew ring.The inner part of the mount came off after removing 3 screws, I think.

However to reach iris mechanism proper requires as you say, major disassembly.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would confirm Rick's information - Series 1 lenses were never manufactrured with an interchangeable mount (T, T-4 or TX). All Series 1 lenses were a fixed mount.

Larry, Glen's suggestion is correct.

Good luck,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration