Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Isolette II - stuck shutter wind... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Agfa Isolette II - stuck shutter winding lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Siobhan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 02:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just pulled the old Isolette out of the back of the cupboard and it appears the shutter winding lever is totally stuck. I did manage to get it from it's upright position (right of lense) back to where it needed to be ready for shooting (left of lense), and once again - stuck!
Any suggestions on why/how this may have happened and if its a simple DIY fix or do I need to get it repaired...?

Thanks for your help.

charlie

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 07:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As I remember, winding the film should free the shutter release on the body. At any time however you should be able to fire the shutter by pushing on the little paddle sticking out of the lens barrel at the seven o'clock position (when viewed fom the front).If the latter method doesn't work you may need a repair.

Winfried

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen Prontor shutters which were gummed up so terribly that it needed some force to push the cocking lever backwards. Maybe a good cleaning run of the shutter blades will help.

Siobhan

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for all your advice !

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration