Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Micro-Nikkor lens relubing Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Micro-Nikkor lens relubing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

miket

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My 55mm Micro-Nikkor AIS lens is in a severe need of relubing-the grease has obviously thickened up to the point where it is difficult to focus the lens. I've relubed several Industar 61 lens, as well as a Nikkor 50/f2 lens and would like to know if this job is best left to a pro. Any tips on properly breaking this lens down would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rick

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Micro Nikkor is more complex than other Nikkors and disassembles differently. Unlike most other Nikkors, the diaphragm in the micro comes out to the rear.

Lubing the focus is complicated by the floating element, which has its own separate helical - you can completely relube the main focus helical and find that the lens is just as stiff as before, if you don't relube the floating element.

The one that I relubed had just BEEN done by a pro, who had apparently forgotten the floating element when he did the job. I relubed the helical again and found it didn't help, then went back in and found the floating element and that cleaned it up.

I do have a sketch, if you'd like to email me for it.

miket

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick, I've e-mailed a request. Thank you very much.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration