Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit B winds on but shutter does not... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Zenit B winds on but shutter does not cock « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Zenit B I've been using and it worked fine until now. After rewinding the last roll, however, the shutter button never popped back up. I'm now in the situation where I can wind on multiple times but the shutter does not cock. There is very little resistance when winding on. The mirror is down. Anyone got any clues how I can breathe life into this beloved beast.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, David.
Please check to see if you got the rewind release switched back all the way. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it a little. What is causing this to happen is that your clutch mechanism is disabled. This is the mode your camera goes into to allow you to rewind film (ie, the clutch is disabled to allow the tractor wheels to spin freely in either direction).

Jon

David

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found out what it was, I had to rotate the shutter release button and it popped up. All is now working normally. I discovered this by looking at an online instruction manual. I had no idea the Zenit B had this 'feature', its some kind of time lock for time exposures.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration