Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help: Hasselblad503cw! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Help: Hasselblad503cw! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ewen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 03:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, It was a heart-broken moment when my on-tripod 503cw fell down on ice during a trip in Tibet recently, resulting in the winding side of the body knocked in a little bit that caused the upper shutter certain could not return properly. I am on the way to fix the problem myself (I have more than 10 year camera repairing experience but, for Hassy, this is the 1st time and in fact there is no camera repair in Tibet). To my experience, the central block of the body may be slided out of the shell if all necessary screws and nuts on body shell are removed. I removed the winder and the ISO selecter wheel, making the central block loosen from the shell of body. However, further moving was stopped by something that I could not figure out. I believe there must be some screw(s) underneath of the leather skin but I do not know which is the correct one. Instead of peeling out every piece of leather skin to find out the screw(s), I would ask your experts if my doing is correct and how can I slide out the central block form the body shell correctly. I am sure once I seperate the central block from the body shell, I will fix the problem sucessfully. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot in advance! Ewen

Henry

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried sending an exploded parts manual of the 500C to you but Yahoo bounced it. Maybe too big for your account type?

Anyway, I have no hasselblad experience to answer your question. If you want this parts manual (it has no instructions, just exploded parts and part numbers), how can I get it to you?

Henry

Ewen

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot, Henry! My yahoo email box is 1 GB in size and only used about 1%, I do not think the file you sent is too big. How about try again making sure you type correctly. Alternatively, please another address at [email protected]
Thanks again, anyway!

Ewen

Henry

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I resent the manual to this new address.

Rereading the error message Yahoo says there is no user by the name of [email protected]

Perhaps you typed it wrong when posting your message. I just clicked your name...too lazy to retype! :-)

Let me know if there is anything else I can do. Unfortunately I have never opened a Hasselblad so I'm no help there.

Henry

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No wonder ewendy2000 did not work, his second email was addressed howedy2000.Beats me how people expect to be helped if they cannot give correct contact details. Some mistyping!

Ewen

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am terribly sorry, Henry and Roberto, for my carelessness in typing. Roberto is correct, my email address should have been [email protected]

BTW, I have received the PDF file Henry sent. Thanks very much but I have not yet downloaded it due to the slow internet speed here. I will let you know when I see it. Regards!

Ewen

Ewen

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Henry, I have seen the exploded parts manual. I will study on it for a while to figure out those numbers and parts. It is apprently helpful though it is not for the 503. Thnaks very much again!

Ewen

Henry

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know Ewen, but it was the closest manual I had.

Good luck.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration