Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to maintain Voigtlander Vitessa L? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » How to maintain Voigtlander Vitessa L? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

lcy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I had a camera "Voigtlander Vitessa L". There is some fungus between the front lens and the rear lens, and oiling the lens-shutter is needed. Therefore, I have to revmove the front lens. But how to do it? It seems that the front lens can not be screwed? Thanks!

Arnold Harris

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OldTimerCameras, locatable at

http://www.otcworld.co.uk/

has excellent repair manuals. I bought one to assist me in servicing my collection of ten (10!) Voigtlander Vitessa-T 35mm rangefinder cameras.

They have one for the Vitessa barndoor models, which includes your Vitessa L. They sell these manuals for 17.95 GBP, which probably equals about $30.

Arnold Harris
Mount Horeb WI

Frank Marshman

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 04:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All of the clamshell Voigtlanders open the same way with the exception of the "T" which had interchangeable lenses.
The easiest way is to remove the lens shutter completely from the body which is done with a spanner from the back. This alows servicing of the shutter without the baggage of the body.
The lens is simple to unscrew and the shutter is a common Syncro Compur 00 shutter.
Take your time and use intellegent diagnosis and the repair is not difficult. None of this stuff is overly hard...I've made my living for the past 35 years completely from this work so I know from where I come.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration