Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Carlos Augusto Tilberg/Porto Alegre/R... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Carlos Augusto Tilberg/Porto Alegre/RS/Brasil - tilberg@uol.com.br « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carlos Augusto Tilberg

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 01:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, pardon me for my owfull english!
I bought, some time ago, a marvelous camera, thru the e-bay (in Brazil), completly new!!! Seling factory ink... But the first time I used that, the film begone to get heavy and more, till to tear... All Right, I discovered that did not keep pressed the button dow, that free the film!... But some days ago, it happened again, but I did keep firmly pressed the button... Lost a part of the film... At home, I discovered the cause: althought the camera beyng absolutely new, there was a serious problem in the manufacture!!!: There are four paralell high relief lines, were passes the film, into the camera, right? With the surface polished... So, the extremes of the
four "lines" were so sharpen, that the holes of the film was latch (or lock) on those points. I thined, cutted out the sharps and pulished, protecting the body, around with a too fine piece of shaving lamine, and the film started to run as "soap, dowhill"...
The camera is a RICOH Singlex TLS, a real jewel!!!
Thaks for your attention and, alwais I can, will send you "relactoryes" on my discoverings!...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations on a good job, Carlos! I have never heard of that problem in a Ricoh Singlex, or any other camera - it must have been a mistake in manufacturing on that particular example.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration