Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Garry's Camera , reccomendations? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Garry's Camera , reccomendations? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar A

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found the link to www.garryscamera.com from this site, and was happy to hear that they had experience with minolta x-700's (mines proving to be too hard for me to fix.)

I'd like to know if anyone has delt with them, just alittle insurance before I send my camera somewhere.

If it's garry from garry's camera, I sent you an email with a few questions

thanks!

-Omar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Brock

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Omar:

Garry's Camera has done work on two of my 35mm SLR's: a Canon AE-1 that had its shutter gears broken and a Minolta XE-7 that was sent for a CLA
and general overhaul.

Garry has a list of cameras that he will do work
on, and if your particular camera is not on the list chances are that he will decline to work on it.

He has a basic price of $45.00 plus $8.00 for
return shipping. If he has to supply major parts
he charges extra for the purchase of those parts.

Both my Canon AE-1 and my Minolta XE-7 came back
from service and not only worked well they were also very clean. He does a thorough job, and I
would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration