Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Minister III stripdown Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Minister III stripdown « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don Nathan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With advice found here I managed to open up the shutter from the front and have a look around. The works were gummed up as usual so I did the best I could by removing the lenses and squirting in ronsonal until things seemed to work alright. Had to take out the self timer and block the B setting cam in the off position, as it proved impossible to keep the connecton piece between the self timer and the cam in place, even after 10 attempts at reassembly. So now it works. A couple of days later however, gummed again, so I removed the shutter by undoing the inner retaining ring, cut the flash synch off and dropped the whole thing into naptha for 2 days. Now it's clean. I put it back in place. Assemble, disassemble about 5 times to adjust the shutter button travel, put back the film advance cam in the correct position, etc - now I find that the shutter cocking is erratic! Sometimes everything winds and cocks, sometimes no go. I'm not giving up but I can't figure out what the cause is. Off the camera the shutter will cock and fire every time. I cannot see any way to adjust the cocking linkage. Over to you folks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration