Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Clunkless Electro 35 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Clunkless Electro 35 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

tony

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a very early Yashica Electro 35 that looks in excellent condition. The battery-indicator and exposure meter seems to work OK.

The problem is that the shutter only seems to work properly at the very fastest speeds. (I don't think its stuck at 1/500, because I can hear a difference in the shutter sound)

However, when the yellow light is on it is possible to push the shutter button down half way to open the shutter and then another little press will close it!

From what I've read on the forum, I'm wondering if this is the pad of death? When I advance the film I can't even hear a distinct click, never mind a clunk.

I've found some instructions for replacing the pad online, but I'm a bit of a newcomer to tinkering, so just wondering if I am on the right track, and what to look for if I open the camera.

Thanks.

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are on the right track. Maybe the meter circuit still controls the shutter but this is probably rather erratic.

tony

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks . . . . will let you know what happens when I pluck up the courage to have a go!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration