Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lubrication for Yashicamat124G winder? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Lubrication for Yashicamat124G winder? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

tony mcnicol

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a Yashicamat124G which worked OK for a while until the film winder started jamming every now and again (could normally loosen it up with a bit of a wiggle and playing with the shutter release).

I took off the side plate to have a look and oddly enough after reassembling it, the wind seems to be a bit smoother and the jamming has stopped - at least for the moment. Must be beginner's luck.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on lubrication for the wind mechanism. It is still pretty jerky and I can hear a squeak. What should I use and where should I apply it?

(I also have a Yashicamat EM and the wind on that is silky smooth by comparison. Had heard the 124G wind was a bit fragile (sigh))

Thanks in advance.

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only place I recall wanting much in the way of lubricant is a link that goes down from the wind lever hub to a lever that cocks the shutter. A long slotted hole in the end of the link receives a pin at the end of the lever. This link is soft metal and will eventually wear to the point that the shutter will no longer cock. i would use a grease that can be trusted to stay where you put it at this interface.....

justin johnson

Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem with my Yashica Mat. The first turn and shutter release it fine. When I go to crank it the second time it stops about 45 degrees into the full wind.

IF i push the shutter button about 3/4 of the way, I can finish the wind and take the picture.

I just got it yesterday so i've only gone through the whole cycle about 3 times, but it seems like the last 3 exposures wind through fine.

I wonder if I'm not having the same problem. I noticed another thread that was asking about the same thing. I can't imagine that it needs oil. If anything, in my case, something is loose, not tight.

thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration