Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FA Information Wanted Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon FA Information Wanted « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Ritchie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have learned that somewhere late in the model run of the Nikon FA, a major upgrade of the electronics was made resulting in a much more reliable camera. Nikon will not tell me when this happened, so the thought strikes me that a Nikon FA repair manual may contain the info.Does anyone have such a manual and if so can you throw any light on the subject? Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Linn

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually it was early in the model run.

Due to production changes the main flex was replaced by an entirely new flex Nikon part number FPC B31001. Replacement of the flex also required replacement of the camera's top cover due to changes in the dedicated flash circuitry. I do not have the part number for the new top cover. Perhaps Nikon can furnish that information.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration