Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG-1 Hot-shoe Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta XG-1 Hot-shoe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lars

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have tracked down a non-functional hotshoe on an XG-1 to a loose lead. Does anyone know where the white lead is supposed to be connected on the flexible circuit board? It has been cut of at a solder joint, and there is no hint to where it was attached.

GanjaTron

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lars,

I stumbled across this pictorial for dismantling the XG-2 / XG-7:

http://www.zurhausen.de/fototechnik/xg2_zerlegen/xg2_zerlegen.html

It's in German, but the pics should speak for themselves. You'll see a white wire in there, I assume that's the one for the hot shoe on all XG models.

Good luck!

--Roland

M Currie

Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On an XG-7, the white lead goes to a solder pad on the right side of the tope edge of the prism. You will see a row of 4 such pads above the integrated circuit. Starting at the front end of the camera, the first is blank, the second, slightly smaller and lower placed, has a blue wire, the third receives the white wire from the hot shoe, and the fourth, furthest back of that top row, connects to a small capacitor. There is also a white lead going to a pad below the integrated circuit. This is not the one for the hot shoe.

Lars

Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks all of you. What would I do without this forum?
The flash problem is sorted. Now I have just found that the same camera has the dreaded Minolta capacitor curse. When I press the shutter button nothing happens exept that all the LEDs goes out. So, the next question is: Which capacitors will have to be replaced, and how critical are their values? Can I use tantalium instead of electrolytics?

M Currie

Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to say, I know nothing of the latter problem. I just happened to have an XG7 corpse (seriously defunct shutter) with wires still attached. You might do well to post your problem with a new thread title.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration