Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

RB67 lens(sekor 90mm, oldshutter) Cle... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » RB67 lens(sekor 90mm, oldshutter) Clean, Lube, and Adjust CLA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vincent Martin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I recently took apart a 90mm mamiya sekor for the RB67. I think it is the old shutter version. ALL of the parts are neatly dissasembledexcept for the shutter. The blades sort of fell out as I was going near the end. So now I need to clean the whole lot and the put it back together. Some pics of the project are here. I am CLAing this lens and it is the first time I have ever done this. The lens would not close fully all the time prior to light baffle and mirror going up. I assumed this meant that it needed cleaning. I will need to take the shutter apart further to replace all the blades and such once I clean them and hte rest of the parts. I need some help Thanks

Pics:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DzlM

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Re the comments on photo.net;Follow Paul's advice and get all the exploded views you can from Mamiya.His words about the junker/parts item are also sound.you will eventually find that the practise camera has provided you with spares you needed and selling other bits to people in need has returned your initial outlay.

I have no real repair experience of this camera,well not to the extent of being able to give you specific instructions on how to turn your little pile of parts into the whole again.However you will get sound advice on this Forum and not the sarcastic comments that some gave you on the p.n.As you said; we all have to start somewhere and many of us started with a disaster - I did and was fortunate to meet someone who was prepared to pass on his experience.A professional repairer of the old school,you did it right or not at all.

That is the type of help you will find here on this Forum.

paul ron

Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK Vincent, now that you've got it appart...
Call Mamiya at 914 347-3300 and ask for technical help. I believe the fellow is Vincent as well, ask for the exploded views of your shutter, he can fax it to you.

Once you have the diagrams, you'll have a better idea of where everything goes and how to access teh shutter blade compartment. The order of the blades is important so pay special attention there.

Oh you were looking for a shutter tester... see the artilcles here for a DIY one hooked to your computer, it works great and is accurate enough for your needs.

Where do you live?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration