Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zoom Nikkor 50 - 135mm 1:3.5 #82040 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Zoom Nikkor 50 - 135mm 1:3.5 #82040 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

San de Silva

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I own a Zoom Nikkor 50 - 135mm 1:3.5 #82040, used in a Nikon F2, both are close to 15 Years old.

The mounting end of the lense moves slack about 4mm. I would very much like to repair this lens, as both these are wonderful pieces of equipment. Though I own also a Canon EOS 20D, and complement of lenses, I find the Nikon equipment still excellent.

Could one of you please tell me where I can get a repair manual for this lens? I am very handy with these things - in fact I have dimantled the unit upto a point where I feel I should have a manual now.

Thanks to all of you in anticapation,
San

Paolo Amedeo

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi San,
I started making digital pictures a few years ago as a good way of documenting the different phases of the disassembly of cameras and lenses.
I don't know if you will be successful in finding a repair manual for that lens. Personally I would just go ahead documenting each step (especially what is left there in place) paranoically...
Good Luck!

Paolo

Bruce Owsley

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi san; I bought one of these len's a while back. look oposite the meter prong and you will see a small oval shaped ,leather like piece of material. It will peel out. Remove the three small screws around the lens barrel. Turn the part with the removed screws, you will see the three screws holding your lens mount, push mount down,tighten screws . a little dab of clear nail polish will helplock them. that is a very good len's.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration