Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Dropped my Nikon FE2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Dropped my Nikon FE2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dennis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Somedays I'm all thumbs. The corner in front of the rewind lever took the blow. The camera still works okay, I've shot two rolls through it since the drop. The problems seem to be that the film advance is stiffer and the film counter won't reset when the back is openned.

How do I remove the top of this camera so I can straighten the mess out?

Kiron Kid

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did the same thing. I brought it to my camera repair guy, and within 10 minutes, it was as good as new. I didn't do it, but watched him. It was quite easy.

Kiron Kid

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a sketch for pulling the lid off of an FE; hopefully the FE2 would be similar (but no guarantees)

rick : ) =

Dennis

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick I'd like to see your sketch if I may.

I carry this camera on motorcycle trips so I expect it to get beat up. That means I need to know how to fix it too.

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Getting the wind lever off and on again is a bit fiddly. You have to pry off the leatherette trim with a pin, and when you put the lever back on, you have to tension a spiral spring that provides the lever return force. On the rewind side, you will need to remove a circlip. Other than that, the cover comes off easily. You should just hammer out the dent, which is probably rubbing against the counter wheel. I hammered out a dented corner on an FM2 I bought on eBay and it works fine now.

mike kovacs

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are lucky. The resistor (FRE) is on that side and can be cracked in two from impact. I don't think they even make this part anymore.

Kevin

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a very polite fyi: the FE2 doesn't have the glass resistor (FRE), located on the rewind side of the FE

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration