Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

ZEISS IKON NETTAR 517/16 Novar-Anasti... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » ZEISS IKON NETTAR 517/16 Novar-Anastigmat f=75mm 1:6,3 (8,11,16,22) Vario Shutter (B,25,75,200) // FUNGUS PROBLEMS !! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stéphane

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have fungus on my lenses !!
I want to clean them up but I don't know how to access the lenses groups. I only manage (unscrewing the front lense) to clean one part of the lenses. But I can't acess the rest of them.

Has anybody got a clue how to do that ?

Many Thanks !
Stéphane

Paolo Amedeo

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks!

Paolo

Hi Stéphan,
If you have already unscrewed the front element and cleaned it, what is left is the rear element. Even without unscrewing it, you could clean the inside by opening completely the diaphragm and the shutter (use a release cable that allows locking in the open position or something similar).
Removing the rear element, however, it shouldn't be too difficult, since it is screwed to the shutter body too. For similar tasks, I usually try first unscrewing it by pressing a concave (i.e. It has not touch the surface of the lenses) robber cylinder (I have a couple of them generally used for watches). Cork works fine too.
If you have access to a lathe, it is worth cutting a series of “cups” from PVC cylinders, and use the one of proper diameter, better in conjunction with a thin robber sheet.

I don't remember what is the schema of that particular lens... If I recall correctly, this is a 3 lenses objective. The rear part consists of two lenses, whereas the forward part is a “transfocating” single lens. I wish you that the fungi are on the outside surface of the lens group (if they are indeed fungi and it isn't, instead, the failure of the cement gluing together the two lenses)!

I hope it helps!

Paolo

mike kovacs

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no cement in the Novar triplet 3/3 design.

Stéphane

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok... Well... Let's be clear about it. As I see it, my lens is composed of (from front, oustide to back inside folding) :
- Front Lense (which I can unscrew)
- Lens (I cannot unscrew)
- Shutter
- Diaphragm
- lens (which I should be able to unscrew with a lens spanner)

So NO, I can't access the part which is close to the diaphragm and shutter...

But will I be able to access every part of the mecanism if I unscrew the back of the lens with a lens spanner ? Or is it pointless and problem generating to do such a thing ?

Paolo Amedeo

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stéphanne: if you unscrew the rear element, you can access all the surfaces. When you take out the lens, do be careful to be always aware about the orientation.

Paolo

Stéphane

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had al the answers I needed, and I found other infos there :
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12770

Thank you !

Stéphane

Stéphane

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An I notice many people are on both sites...

:)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration