Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 light meter adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta SRT 101 light meter adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert M Ryan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The light meter of one of my Minolta SRT 101 cameras is not accurate. It consistently gives readings that would badly underexpose. My other SRT 101 has a very accurate meter. How can I adjust the meter? FYI.....I use C.R.I.S. battery adapters, so the battery voltage is correct for the cameras.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.willegal.net/photo/photo-first_page.htm

Please click on the above link. You'll find the answer there (plus lots of other tips for your SRT). Good one to bookmark. Very well written.

Jon

Robert M Ryan

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help, Jon. The site you recommended is great, and has been added to my bookmarks.

Paolo Amedeo

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jon,
You have provided a fantastic link! That is full of useful information! (I'll definitely have to build a "Universal Exposure Timer and Event Counter": it's far the best shutter tester project I have seen so far!).
However, I'm afraid that, in this case, the problem is not described there: I came accross several SRTs with detached sensors and they generally overexpose, never underexpose, since, being the sensor detached, less light goes to the sensor...
My hypothesis is that this camera has been re-assembled incorrectly: the "nasty part" of the light-metering system is the cord that connects the diaphragm coupling with the speed/sensitivity dial and moves the "circled needle" in the finder...
Mounting on the camera a f 1.7 lens, setting the ASA (i.e. ISO) to 100, diaphragm to 4 and shutter to 250, this needle should be more or less over the "notch" on the 1/3 lower part of the finder, i.e. the mark for the battery test.
If you are using a lens of different aperture, you have to correct the settings accordingly: basically, the diaphragm should be closed ~ 2 1/2 from the maximum opening.

I hope it will help!

Paolo

Keni B

Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wanted to voice my two cents in about http://www.willegal.net/photo/photo-first_page.htm . This is one of the most informative sites I have found about SRT's and is written so that people can understand it. There are also plenty of example photos included. I had a question about my SRT and e-mailed Mike (website owner) and he helped me out. So few people are people kind enough to take the time to make a website to share their knowledge/experience, especially for free.
So thanks again Mike, we are lucky to have your site!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration