Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter problem - yashica FX 103 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Shutter problem - yashica FX 103 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jenna

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of the blades is bent and the shutter does not shut (or open) on this old camera. I have another nonworking fx103, but I don't know how to get to the shutter mechanism. Does anyone know of exploded diagrams for the fx103 or how to get it apart?

Paolo Amedeo

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have taken completely apart several of those cameras (i.e. FX-D, FX-103) without any schema: they are relatively easy to work on and "clean", with the different "blocks" coming apart neatly...
If you are mechanically incline, and you are able to "remove just what you need" and not "disassemble piece-by-piece", and you have a "macro-capable" digital camera (you can just tape a close-up lens in front of a cheap point & shot digital. I worked year taking 640x480 pixel pictures to document my work), you could go ahead easily with this job.

Good luck!

Paolo

PS Once I had one 103 Program that, with the switch placed on the "OFF" position, would drain the batteries. I couldn't figure out where the leakage was. I have cured the problem by covering with some cyanoacrylate the contact on which the brushes of the switch were resting on the "OFF" position.
Battery life was back to normal and the camera was behaving as normal (anyhow, at least on my opinion, it is the worst of the whole series)...

Michael Linn

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Paolo.

This model is defintely less reliable than it's relatives, the FX-D, FX-70, Contax 139 etc. It is equally modular and fairly easy to dissassemble. I wonder what is wrong with your other 103- perhaps it may be easier to fix. In any case, if you need some help on disassembly, just search the site for my posts on getting a 139 apart. If you need more help, just ask.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration