Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica AX-3 Eyepiece shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fujica AX-3 Eyepiece shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Angela

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an older Fujica AX-3 model which I bought sight unseen off of Ebay. The controls all work well, yet I cannot seem to get the eyepiece shutter to open. There are 2 overlapping pieces in the viewfinder that seem to be the shutter, but they do not move, even when I turn the camera on. An online manual for this camera shows the eyepiece shutter lever to the side of the eyepiece, and I cannot get this lever to move much. I don't want to break the lever by pushing it further than it should go, and I wondered if anyone else knows how this camera should work.

Stuart Willis

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Light entering the viewfinder will corrupt the meter readings on most SLRs. The twin leaf mask is to blind the viewfinder when the camera is being used in a manner which would permit light entering the viewfinder (such as when on a tripod).

Activation of the blind is an independent action and has nothing to do with switching the camera on or off. Simply you us it when you need it.

It is not a difficult or complicated mechanism.
You will need to remove the camera top plate to access it and see what is going on.

Angela

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help! The twin leaf mask was a bit stuck, but now it moves freely. I was putting the top plate back on, and ran into one small problem--I cannot seem to get the cassette fork up through the hole provided for it. I try to wiggle and screw it in, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look down the hole and I think you will see a 'retaining clip'.You have to push this to one side with a small screwdriver whilst you push the rewind shaft in from the other end.

A simple way is to file a small bevel on the end of the shaft - this lets the shaft push the 'clip' open. Imagine you are pushing a pencil point into the hole and I think you will see what is required.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration