Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35SP loose lens mount Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus 35SP loose lens mount « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Haig Hovaness

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Before pulling the front off my trusty 35SP, I would like to know if there are any potential pitfalls. How hard is it to take the play out of the lens mount? I can wiggle the front part of the lens and there is significant backlash in the focus action.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can wiggle the front part of the lens barrel maybe just the screws of the shutter cover are somewhat loose. This can be adressed from the front lens. The name plate ring is glued into place on some items, there is no notch to unscrew it.

Another thing is a big retainer ring around the helicoid mount. You can reach it by removing the entire front assembly. The 35SP is an easy camera to work on, just take care not to damage the meter needle as you pass it through a small slot in the front assembly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration