Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Tak stuck on a Zenit Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Super Tak stuck on a Zenit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

don

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

has anyone figured how to get this lens off my Zenit- thought I'd give it one more shot.

I have a pipe wrench and a sawzall-and I know how to use them.

Don Aq

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need a disassembler manual of Russian Zenit Automatic. Also I need know how unlock the camera. Somebody can help me?
Thanks, Don Aq

don

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don Aq-

can you explain "unlock the camera" in more detail

John Farrell

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Late Super Takumar and SMC Takumar lenses have a "guard pin" which prevents the auto -manual switch being moved if the lens is not mounted on a camera. The Zenit has screws on the front face of the lens mounting ring, and this pin drops into one of the screw holes when the lens is almost seated on the mount. This pin is just a little anticlockwise of the largest aperture setting, when the lens is set to f16. When this happened to me, I worked a piece of shim brass into the screw hole - it acted as a ramp, and I was able to unscrew the lens - the pin running up the brass. I can email you photographs of the pin etc. if you contact me.

don

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,John-

I'll give it a shot.

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John's trick is probably your best (only) hope. Instead of a piece of brass, you might stop by a local auto parts store and buy a set of feeler gauges for a few dollars: these are stainless steel shims down to about .001 or .002" thick.... stainless steel being harder than brass, you might be able to do the trick with a thinner shim than you can with brass, maybe it would improve your chances slightly.

don

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks ,Rick-

I have a set of feeler gauges around here somewhere,but I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try.I'd rather save the camera,than the lens-

I have the sawzall warming up -just in case.lol

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration