Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon to Olympus adaptor Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon to Olympus adaptor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Groundhog

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I accidently bought a Nikon mount lens off Ebay without checking properly.My camera is an Olympus OM10.Is there an adaptor that I can get to let me use both together?Thanx all.

Gerry Tweedie

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scrub that last message!I should have said Pentax to Olympus,not Nikon to Olympus.Sorry!!

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You do not say which Pentax mount and I only know of the M42 adapter. However even if there is an adapter available, your best course of action is to resell and get the correct lens. This is because the adapter has an optical element for infinity focus. Why introduce a quality compromising extra piece of glass?

I would only ever go down the adapter route if I had a really special piece of glass to mount on a foreign body. I do not see Pentax optics falling into that category, when compared with similar Olympus optics.

Gerry Tweedie

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I take your point,Glenn and thanks for answering,but I only paid a couple quid for the lens in the first place.It was a classic case of not reading the details thoroughly.It's actually a Prinz Galaxy telephoto lens,in good nick.All I can add is that the mount itself actually unscrews from the lens body to reveal a threaded section which looks like it might screw onto a normal screw mount(Practika,Zenit,etc),but it doesn't.Threads are not the same.I'll put it down to experience!Thanks again.

Paolo Amedeo

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gerry,
That thread, I bet, is a T2 thread (42 x 0.75 mm) and won't screw into the screw-mount cameras (42 x 1 mm). However, you could find easily an adapter T2-Olympus...
The best is looking on eBay for a cheap one.

Paolo

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration