Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya 1000 DTL - winding lever removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Mamiya 1000 DTL - winding lever removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Will

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I need to remove the top cover on a Mamiya 1000 DTL. How does the winding lever screw come off? Mine is awfully tight. Is it a right or left hand thread? Thanks in advance.

Will

John Farrell

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 01:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe you have to remove the meter switch, to allow you to get at the setscrew holding the collar which secures the lever. One way I read of doing this is to work a length of nylon monofilament fishing line around the edge of the switch button, so you can loop it around the shaft and pull up to remove the button.

Will

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks John - I will give that a try.

Will

Steve

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out this site. Ron Herron has instructions for removing the top plate. It's kind of involved, but not hard if you take your time.
http://herron.50megs.com/index.htm

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration