Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta xgm dark viewfinder Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta xgm dark viewfinder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Salvattore

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a minolta XGM, it came with a 50mm f/2 lens.
i bought a 28-70 f/3.5-5.6 lens now and i found a problem... maybe you
can help...
the viewfinder became too dark! in the center of the screen (where is
located the microprism) the image is not so dark, but outside this part, it is.
i tried lenses like this with this aperture with other cameras and the
image in the viewfinder is not so dark...
i wonder if i can solve this changing the focusing screen. could you help with this?

Henry

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 07:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the aperture opening fully? It really sounds like it isn't.

Henry

Salvattore

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes it is

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you saying that you have tried this lens on other XGM bodies and those viewfinders are brighter?

If on the other hand you have put the lens on different Minolta models, I think it is the screen/lens combination. I would expect to see a noticeable difference in brightness between the f2 and the f3.5-5.6 lenses.

Does this camera have a range of focus screens like the AE-1P? If so it may be fitted will a non compatible screen.

One last point; are you positive that the aperture is opening fully to f3.5/5.6? If the lens has been got at, the maximum aperture may not be the designed value.

Salvattore

Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 05:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i tried some similar minolta models (newer ones) and the viefinder seems much brighter with similar lenses... in fact most modern cameras with similar lenses are brighter.

i guess it has something to do with the screen/lens combination as you say. i know that there are different screen types... the problem is that i don't certainly know what kind of screen would solve the issue.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration