Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Dismantling a Hasselblad 500C body Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Dismantling a Hasselblad 500C body « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Dixon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 1966 Hassy body with sluggish rear shutters, which I guess is probably down to a gummed up rubber brake disc. Can anyone help me get the works out of the casing? I've removed the tripod shoe, and the screws underneath that, so the inner body is slightly loose, and i've taken off the winder and the discs underneath, but the inner body still won't pull back out of the outer. It feels as though something is restraining it still at the front, in the middle (my estimate from rocking the inner gently). Any ideas?

Kevin

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a wire that runs fom the pc socket on the left side of the body to the right side. The wire is routed across the top of the inner housing in front of the screen. It may be causing the resistance.

Edd

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

after you take off the 1st tripod plate--four screws--then take the 2 under that and pull the casting that the 2 screws were holding. Inner mechanism should come out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration