Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

What is the leaf shutter configuratio... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » What is the leaf shutter configuration on a Mamiya C330 135mm Lense « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shawn

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 135 mm C330 lense apart- I received it this way. There are 5 leaf shades and 1 small top of a leaf section. When I put the shades together I am not sure where the small piece of leaf shade goes. Is it a piece to go under the last overlapping leaf to raise it up. The piece is just the top 1/4 section of a full leaf. Also one full leaf has an added 1/4 section added to it. It must have something to do with off setting the hight where they connect to the outside of the opening, so the leafs open smoothly, without hitting one another. Any ideas?

Harv

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 12:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking at mine from the back side. That small piece is at 6 o'clock (bottom)and a leaf with a turned up tip is under it but centered at the 5 o'clock position. The turned up tip faces the rear. I don't have a clue how these go together but looking at the shutter from the front and I see 3 more of the short sections in place, at approx 2, 4 & 6 o'clock. There is also another main leaf at the 2 o'clock position with a turned up tip. Unless there are variances in construction I'm wondering if you have all the pieces since you only mentioned one small leaf. If you don't get any answers shortly I could try getting a picture of this and email it to you.
Harv

Shawn

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Harv,

Thanks for your input. Actually all of the leaves have a small 1/4 section on them, not at the tip, but the opposite end that attaches to the mechanical part of the shutter mechanism. I believe one of these leafs are turned over on the other side so all the tips go in the same direction.
I do have all the parts, I just need to know which order the leaves overlap one another-more specifically the small 1/4 leave. It must be used for something. If I look at my other lenses I see the small 1/4 sections. Problem with looking at my other lenses is that they are all different in arrangement do to being different MM lenses. If you have a pic or drawing of the 135 MM leaf arrangement that would be great. Thanks

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutters are all the same--focal length of lens would not matter.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration