Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica LTL3/ Jena Flektogon Not Rea... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Praktica LTL3/ Jena Flektogon Not Really Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gabe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok this isn't really a repair question, but I had a few Jena lenses that I used with a EXA camera (yes an EXA the things a tank and I love it). I bought a Praktica LTL3 to to go with the lenses but the older Jens stick out into the camera a little to far and interfere with the 'step down plate' and the shutter won't fire. ANyone had any experience with this issue? Is there a modification I can make. Also if I pick up a Pentax Spotmatic or other M42 will this be a problem.

rick

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't know an Exa had an M42 mount....

You might try a Zenit E, they are reliable and don't have an auto diaphragm system.....

Gabe

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a bad idea. Of course that will just force me to find a more useful lens for the Praktica (I have a Meyer Optik that works but it is a 180). Is there anything fun and interesting about the Helios lens that usually comes with the Zenit.

BTW Im not sure about all the Exas but the 1b has a M42 mount.

Lars

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen this problem with other M42 camera/lens combinations. For example, a Pentacon lens will not work properly on a Fujica ST701. The lens reaches too far into the camera body and it is constantly stepped down to 5.6 or 8.
There seems to be several solutions to the M42 formula.

Stephen Brian

Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gabe

the helios lenses that came with the Zenit E really aren't that bad.

I used one years ago and have recently read up on them having acquired one and sold it on.

Supposedly they are a copy of the Zeiss Biotar, they are pretty sharp at the centre but fall off a little to the edges, making them useful for portraiture.

Hope this is of use.

Curt

Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even with Zenits you can have versions of this problem. With my EM I tried a Yashica 50 f1.4 and the stop down mechanism strikes the rear of the lens.

Stephen Brian

Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Curt

this problem would only occur with Zenits with a stop down mechanism, such as your EM, but not with the simpler models, the E and B etc

Dorian

Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"a Pentacon lens will not work properly on a Fujica ST701. The lens reaches too far into the camera body and it is constantly stepped down to 5.6 or 8".

What on earth is this person talking about? I have used Pentacon M42 lenses on Fujica cameras with no problem at all. I fail to see how "it is constantly stepped down to 5.6 or 8". The aperture control is on the lens body and is in no way controlled by the lens mounting.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration