Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkormat ft3 shutter release problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikkormat ft3 shutter release problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

clifton long

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My FT3 shutter release doesn't always allow me to advance the film after taking a picture: it has to be pressed again and then it will wind. If the button is pressed deliberately past the shutter release point it works. Anyone know the fix for this? There is also some slop in the shutter speed adjustment so that four rather than three shutter speeds may show up in the view finder. The two on the outside are cut in half. Pushing the adjustment lever corrects this but this should be firmly in place on it's own - Any suggestions for that? thanks

P Laskey

Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a common Nikkormat problem. One of my three ancient ftn's suffers from this. It's almost certainly down to wear in the mechanism. Same applies to the shutter speed indication in the vf - the plastic tape with the numbers on it is probably stretched or loose. Personally I'd "retire" the FT3 gracefully at this point - it would be a lot of fiddly work trying to correct this.
PL

Kevin

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem in question is fixable. Un-fortunately, the fix requires removing the top cover. The FTN series (FS,FT,FT2,FT3) were some of the easiest Nikons to take apart. I can elaborate futher if you are interested.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration