Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica electro 35 GS repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica electro 35 GS repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frank Oberbuchner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 06:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Im new here, so : Hello to everyone :-)

I have just purchased a Yashica electro 35 GS on ebay. I do notreally need it, but had to get it because I simply fell in love with it when seeing it for the first time. It is so beautiful :-)
It is in mint condition but has no battery yet (which will not be a problem as I've learned from this great forum). When I advance the film lever I hear a loud sound but am not sure whether it can be described as "clunk".
I've read ALL Yashica topics on this forum but couldn't find what I was looking for so - just in case: if the "pad" has to be replaced or anything else to be repaired - can anyone point me to a good photo workshop in Germany where this could be done for me? I certainly do not have the skills to do it myself.

Regards,
Frank

Howard

Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Frank,
The sound you describe is probably a very good sign. I'm sure what you are hearing is the sound indicating the pad is in good condition. It should happen just as you start to wind forward (the first 10-15 degrees.) You had better track down a battery or adapter and put a film through it. These are great cameras with very good lens and an amazing exposure range. Get a lens hood if possible.
Enjoy
Howard

Roman Dubravsky

Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Frank,
Insert battery and test it. It is the easiest what you can do.
About pad. If electronics is alive and red and yellow lights are working then simple test it: Try to press shutter slowly in low light condition. The yellow light get on and later get off and later shutter is opened, pad is OK. If shutter is opened in the same time when yellow light is shinning then the pad is probably bad.
If you don't want to repair your YE by himself then I can do it for you. I'm living in neighbour Czech republic and I have an experience with repairing rangefinder cameras.

Frank

Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 01:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard, thanks for your advice. Yes, the sound is there within the first 15 deg. of lever movement so probably all is OK. Man I am happy!!! :-)
Right now I am waiting for the battery and adapter to arrive and then I'll put a film through.

Roman, thanks for your kind offer. I'll do your test as well when the battery is here. Another Yashica is on its way to me (yes, call me crazy :-)). I might need help on that one.

Many thanks for now and kind regards,
Frank

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration