Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

CAMERA AND BATTERY STORAGE Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » CAMERA AND BATTERY STORAGE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JACOB FRAZIER

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO STORE MY CAMERA BATTERIES I WAS TOLD I COULD PUT THAM IN THE FRIDGE ALSO I KEEP MY CAMERAS IN AN OLD CHINA CUPBOARD WITH SILICON PACKETS ANY INFO WOULD HELP P.S. REALLY GREAT SITE THANKS

rick

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keeping batteries in the fridge is generally a good idea to make them last longer. Cameras like to have some air circulation, if you have air conditioning or are in a climate that's not too humid. If it's very humid, it's better to close them up with silica gel packets - but remember that these must be recharged periodically by drying them in an oven, or they will not do any good. Do not store cameras or lenses in leather cases, as these both prevent air circulation and form a good breeding ground for fungus to get started. Also, remove batteries from cameras for extended storage - this not only prevents damage from leakage, it's also good for the wiring not to have a constant charge on it.

Alex

Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can echo the warning about not leaving batteries in cameras. I was just in time to get the battery out of my Olympus OM recently -- it had started corroding and leaking, and I was only just in time. I went round all the cameras and immediately took out all the batteries. Those for which batteries are essential I put a little 'insert battery' sticker on, to make sure I don't pick one up in a hurry and forget to reinsert the battery.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration