Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Adapter Ring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Adapter Ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob L

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Picked up a adapter ring with the following markings and wonder if anyone could tell me what the thread size's are on this ring.
The only markings on the ring are:
EdnaLne USA 616

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get out the calipers because that looks like an address or name to me, but perhaps the 616 is the key to the problem. Are markings stamped,engraved or what?

Curt

Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ednalite 616 is the Tiffen equivalent of the Tiffen 625. New numbering system thru Tiffen makes the 625 now 34 F-6 so I'll say 34mm. Hope this helps. (I have stock charts for Ednalite, Tiffen, New Tiffen #'s, and Kodak Series.)

Bob L

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 03:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Curt;
If one end is 34mm can you tell me what the larger thread size on this adapter is, using my calipers I get a size of 1.730 inchs ( 43.9420 mm) but that doesn't include the depth of the threads, would that make it 43 mm or 46 mm?
Thanks

Curt

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bob,
First the 34mm end is external threads is it not? If the 43.9420mm end is internally threaded, I believe you have the rear half of a series 6 adapter minus the front filter retaining ring. I can't be really precise as I'm using a steel ruler rather than calipers and my poor old eyes aren't what they used to be. I'd just say 44mm internal thread.

Bob L

Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Curt:
Right the 34mm is external threads and the 43.9420 is the internal threads.
That sound about right to me, will be ordering a 44 to 55mm stepping Ring from B&H which is the only one I see they list in there source book.
To bad its not 43, 43.5 or 46 mm as there are a bunch of rings with that thread.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration