Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I need a replacement 50mm lense cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » I need a replacement 50mm lense cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carrie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to find leads on where to purchase a lense cover. Please and Thank you. -Carrie

Charles Fallis

Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try Ebay. http://pages.aol.ebay.com/

Stephen Brian

Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

carrie

What size do you need?

I have a spare Asahi Pentax black metal to fit over a 49mm threaded filter, similar black plastic Prakticar and a large (67mm?) black metal unbranded

all of these are "slip on" rather than the nasty "clip on" ones

are these any good to you?

M Currie

Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If a generic plastic snap-on cover is enough, these can be bought at various places such as Ritz camera stores, and some minilabs. Just make sure you either have your camera with you or know the size, which is in millimeters (not the size of the lens but the cross section of the threaded end of it, which can vary). Some lenses will tell you this ( a little slashed zero followed by the size, usually 49, 52 or 55 for a 50 mm. lens). 52 is the size common to all Nikon normal lenses, I think.

If you're looking for a very specific one, try KEH.com. They have a lot of caps for specific brands and sizes (as well as generic ones). Be warned that some collectors are pretty fussy about their caps, so don't be surprised if two functionally identical caps are priced very differently. If all you need is to cover your lens, get a cheap one that fits.

An exception to the above is with certain older Nikon lenses, if you also have the snap on Nikon hood, which nests upside down on the lens. For these, only a Nikon cap will fit over the back side of the hood.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration