Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Film loading problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Film loading problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yao Z

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, i have a Minolta Maxxum 5 camera, recently it had a problem, so i need some advise from you people. after develop the film, i found the first picture is half black, the other half of the first picture goes on to the first half of the second pictures, and the second half of the second picture goes to the first half of the third picture,...so on. and the edges of those pictures are double exposed, but some pictures are perfictly fine. i can only get 15 exposures from a 24 exposure fuji film. am i thinking it's a problem with the film loading mechanisem, but i dont have any experience with repairing, so i need so advise, thank you people
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M Currie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's going to be hard to diagnose in any way but to say "take it for repair." But before you do that, it's probably worthwhile to ask how many rolls of film you have tried. It's possible a bad roll of film wouldn't unroll properly and slipped on the sprockets. If it's only one roll, you might consider going out and getting a cheap roll of film (if you're in the US, WalMart or "dollar store" will have 24 exposure rolls for a dollar or less) and trying another time. Take the roll, and have it developed but not printed, to see if the problem recurs. If this is occurring on multiple rolls, it sounds as if there's a problem in the mechanism, perhaps a slipping clutch or a bad gear, and on an automated camera like the Maxxum, I doubt it's a job you should tackle yourself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration