Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K-1000 Light Meter Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax K-1000 Light Meter Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sonya Baird

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The built-in light meter on my Pentax K-1000 (circa 1977) is suddenly not working. I've replaced the battery twice with new ones that work in other things, so I know it's not the battery. When I do the battery test (put the film speed dial on "B", open lens cover, look at meter) it shows the battery as dead. But as I said earlier, the batteries I've tried were brand new and work in other things so I really don't think it's the battery.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what could be happening and whether this is something that an amateur with some small mechanical knowledge can fix? I hate to lose the use of this camera. I've had many others and always return to this one. I love the manual controls and being able to set things to get the shots I want, not the ones the camera wants.

Thanks for any help!

Sonya
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sometimes the battery wire--at the battery socket--gets corroded. Remove the bottom cover and then the three screws that hold that battery socket--lift the socket out and see if the wire is attached or loose.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration