Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta XG1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mcmom2005

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Came across my old minolta XG1 and would like to repair it. The film advance lever on it won't work. Anybody have any ideas??? Is this something I can repair or even find replacement parts for it. Thanks for any info.

Steve

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 06:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. First make sure you have fresh batteries. Make sure the contact surfaces in the battery compartment are clean. Set the shutter speed dial on "A" and check to see if the meter is working. Just touching the shutter release button should turn on the meter. If you do not see any red lights come on then try the following. Rotate the shutter speed dial clockwise about a dozen times. Also, remove the lens and rotate the aperture ring about a dozen time. Doing this will clean the contact surfaces that can develop a petina which disables the camera. Check the meter again. If the meter comes on the shutters should fire and you can then wind the film advance.

adam

Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

someone knocked over my beloved xg-1 and well it broke, i have other cameras but they're just not the same... but thats off topic.... well a peice came off their doesnt seem to be any other damage yet the peice will not return to its orignal place i belive its the shutterspeed/ function selector is their any way to fix it or is my favorite camera beyond repair ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration