Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Old Folder...Certo6 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Old Folder...Certo6 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Price

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Certo6 6x6 with a zeiss lens and an shutter that shows a top speed of 1/500. But it won't actually go to 1/500. When I try to move the indicator to 1/500 it stops at 1/250. I'm wondering if there is a "trick" that I don't know that will allow it to move to the higher speed.
Also, the shutter won't release using a cable release. The shutter release linkage will move but stops just short of releasing. Everyting else works fine and it makes great pictures. Anybody else had these problems?

Wim Abbeloos

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.certo6.com/cam/certo6.html

No mention of it here. Have never had one in my hands so I can't help much more...

ezio

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 05:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is that a Compur shutter? In some versions of the Compur used in German cameras at the time, the 1/500 speed had an extra spring and required significant additional extra force to be set. Note that in these cameras there ALWAYS was a warning that should NEVER try to set the 1/500 speed with the shutter cocked... or was it the other way round?

Mike Kovacs

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 05:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't try to set 1/500 unless the shutter IS UNCOCKED.

That is a nice camera.

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even when the shutter is uncocked you will need some extra force to turn the dial to 1/500 on the rim-set Compur shutters. NEVER do this with a cocked shutter. Also, never set the shutter between markings. I have seen camera manuals which say that this is possible but from my experience with the Compur shutter design this will yield random results at best.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration