Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Prontor II shutter on Voigtlander Vito Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Prontor II shutter on Voigtlander Vito « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

HB

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 03:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought an old folder, Voigtlander Vito. The shutter was working fine for 50 100 and 200, and wasn't for slower speeds. Then it got stuck before I even attemped to load a film. How do I take it apart? Any link would be highly useful. Thanks.

rick

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm not sure about the Vito, but in many Voigtlanders (including the Vito II), the main odd trick is that the ID ring on the front of the lens is glued on, and it covers the set screws that you have to reach to begin disassembly. Getting this off without scratching it is difficult, and I don't have a silver bullet to offer. Maybe someone else here can help.

rick

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(by the way, i am always in the market for a Vito (original folding model) because this was the first camera I ever used at age 10 and I don't have one)

HB

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 03:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! yeap, it worked. I was able to unscrew the top piece of the lens, till I got down to the shutter part. Well, the problem with a newbie: do not know what is wrong. so I put everything back together. Thanks so much for the tip though!

-- by the way I got it online, cheap, of course with no guarantee to be in a working condition.

rick oleson

Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

want to trade it for a working Vito II?

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/vito2.jpg

if so, email me... we probably shouldn't turn this forum into a swap site.....

: ) =

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration