Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter repair of Foth-Flex Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Shutter repair of Foth-Flex « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Juan Carlos

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 04:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I´m a fan of classic cameras and I have a Foth-Flex with focal plane shutter. The problem is that the cloth of shutter are very bad and I´m thinkin to remove it and replace. Do anybody know a shop to sell this shutter cloth or a type of cloth to use for this. I have experience in shutter repair but never replace the cloth at all. (Sorry for my bad english). Thanks and I wait your answer.
Juan Carlos Gonzalez Lora

BrianShaw

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check this site: www.micro-tools.com/

Please post your progress/success/challenges. Good Luck!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your English is excellent, Juan. I have shutter cloth and shutter ribbons which will work on Leica or Leica copy cameras. Do you think they would work on the Foth-Flex? Tambien, puedo hablar en el Espanol si es mas facil...puedo leer en el Portugues, pero no lo hablo. (for others here, I said "also, I can speak in Spanish if it is easier...I can read in Portuguese, but I do not speak it)

Juan, my e:mail is [email protected]

Jon

Wim Abbeloos

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a foth-flex as well. However, the shutter release lever or button or whatever it is seems to be missing. Can anybody tell me what it should look like? Not to much info available on it...

Juan Carlos Gonzalez

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 06:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello again, Thanks for your answer, I find the shutter curtain material in micro-tools web but I need a 60mm x 300mm more or less (the foth-flex have a focal plane shutter with vertical curtains in 6x6 film) and it´s difficult to adapter this measures but i´m thinkin now about this.
Hello Wim Abbleloos, when I disassemble the camera I take some photos and send you by email, specially for shutter release and i explain you ,as I know, how it´s work.
About Jon Goodman, thanks but these cameras(Leica and Leica copy) use 35mm film and the curtains is small than the foth-flex need.
Thans again and I tell you my advances. Juan Carlos Gonzalez Lora.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, Juan.
I can sell you a piece 60mm x 300mm...that is no problem. Please measure your curtains and tell me what size you need.
Best regards,
Jon

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 05:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it worth mentioning that the ever helpful Jon Goodman can supply most of his products to the size you require. When you want larger sizes this not only works out cheaper - you buy what you need and not some over priced bulk supply - his service is superb also.

People who go out of their way to support the 'hobbyist' are few and far between these days, so I feel they deserve my support. To illustrate the problem - I know a firm that can supply any type of screw found in 'classic cameras',only trouble is that they come in a box of 5000/10,000 at a suitable cost! My 'Can you supply a sample of 12 please?' routine will wear thin eventually. I certainly do not want 9,988 screws sitting on my shelf, even if I could afford them. In case anybody suggests it, I do not want to go into the small fastener business!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration