Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Repairing a Canon Fd lense Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Repairing a Canon Fd lense « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waqas Farid

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a 50mm 1.4f S.S.C. Canon fd lense. It's the older bayonet mount. The lense is optically perfect but the focusing is very stiff and it feel crunchy sometimes (maybe some dirt got inbetween there). I'd like to open it up and clean it out and make the focusing silkier. However, I had trouble finding free repair manuals for these lenses. Anyone know a site that has them? Or would anyone be kind enough to them to me if they do have them. Thanks!

rick

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this might help:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-161.html

Waqas Farid

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, I am in awe of your skill! Thanks!

complete sidenote, I am in the process of buying a Leicaflex SL and I can't wait to get it in my hands and compare it to my Ae-1. Supposedly its supposed to blow my Ae-1 out of the water. Unfortunately I won't have as much fun with it b/c it's incredibly complex to open up and what not.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 06:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do not remove the aperture setting ring, as according to the official Canon Manual there is a spring that is nearly impossible to reconnect.

I have a photocopy of this manual, had to buy as not on internet as far as I can see, however will not scan to be of any good and file size is not liked by email anyway.

If you want a photocopy contact me direct with your address and I will put it in post after the Christmas postal rush. No problem I can assure you.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration