Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Stubborn Leicaflex SL Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Stubborn Leicaflex SL « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Follia

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Got a Leicaflex SL that had been stored for quite a long time and, as you will all know, the battery leaked and ate away the contact in the battery case. I took it to my local repairman, who told me the camera would have to be sent to Germany and that the battery case replacement would cost more than the value of the camera. They told me that the cable was shot, too.

No problem in taylor-making a cable and connections myself (I have re-celled mobile phone battery packs, and yesterday I brought back to life a dead Tamron 28-200 zoom)

But... it seems I need a special tool to remove the tripod threads (kind of square wrench). Can I make it from scratch using a scrap allen wrench?

Besides, the small moving needle in viewfinder which usually has to match the meter's needle, and which moves whenever the aperture and shutter speed are changed, only moves when the first one is changed. I guess it is the linkage between the shutter speed selector and the moving needle, but something could be broken, too.

And last but not least. As far as dissassembly and linkage between the aperture and shutter speed knobs and the needle in wiewfinder, can I use the Leicaflex I workshop manual? (as far as I am concerned, the only differences rely in mirror lockup, non-ttl metering and the different battery case locations in the Leicaflex original..)

Thank you all and best regards

Robert

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration