Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Summicron with fungus Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Summicron with fungus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have bought a used Summicron 50/f2 for Leica R that has a great fungus in the rear element, which I think could be removed and cleaned with Zeiss lens cleaning solution and great care. I have taken apart a Biotar and a couple of tamron lenses, but I have never tried the Summicron

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and best regards, and for the time being, Merry Christmas to all

Henry

Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only tricky thing I can think of on the Summicron R 50mm f/2 is the front nameplate ring. It glues on! Just carefully pry it off.

Henry

Robert

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 03:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Herny. Thank you very much for your advice. Yesterday night I tried to extract the complete front element (as I did with the Biotar), the diaphragm went crazy but I managed to reassemble the whole thing and to get it work. The fungus is in the rear element and it appears to be screwed on. I expect I can unscrew it as soon as my spanner arrives.

I will post results.
Best regards

Robert

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration