Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vivitar S1 28-90 help needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Vivitar S1 28-90 help needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need some advice on removing the back mount from a Vivitar Series 1 28-90/2.8-3.5. I've taken out the three chrome mount screws, but the mount won't lift off as most other lenses do that I've worked on. This lens has an oily aperture that I need to get to to clean. Thanks,
Wayne

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

according to my notes, the diaphragm is reached from the front.

wayne

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick. I've been in through the front of another one I have that is the same Series 1 28-90/2.8-3.5 lens, but apparently I had forgotten you could get all the way to the aperture that way. I guess I should keep notes as well.
I actually bought this one for a parts lens, as I needed an inner element, but the only thing I can see wrong with it is an oily aperture, and some dust. So I am just going to fix this one and use it. All the glass looks good when looking through it, except for a rather unusual amount of dust. Hopefully I can get most of it out. It still puzzles me though that the rear mount doesn't come off.
Wayne

Mark D

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys
I have a bit of a problem with the same lens. I took the mount off to tighten it up as it was getting very loose.( the screws are under the aperature ring) However I can't seem to get it back together so the iris works. It looks and feels like everything is aligned correctly and it all fits back together but obviously something isn't right as the iris doesn't work properly now. I suspect it's where the iris cams / stopdown spring lever locate but I'm at a loss. I could do with a service manual or exploded diagram.
Any Ideas?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration