Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A1 - stuck mirror&blades Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon A1 - stuck mirror&blades « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

neila

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently replaced a small part of my A1 (the ASA dial base) and succeeded in putting back together without any apparent problems.

However, I bought a new battery today, only to find the lightmeter is not functioning...

The camera was in perfect working order before my uncle dropped it (the reason why I replaced the bent ASA dial) and also after the drop (I finished the film inside).

Also, when I release the shutter, 6 times out of 10 the mirror sticks in the up position and the blades stay closed up. Sometimes when I press the shutter release the red battery test light flashes or glows dimly.

The only way for me to get the mirror back down and the blades closed is to switch the camera to the red L mark.

The battery sell by date is 2015.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Neil

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration